Alfred Klairmont, President of Imperial Realty Company, is pleased to announce their sale of the 18.5 acre former Motorola Headquarters property in Franklin Park consisting of a 269,014 sqft office building and a 487,700 sqft industrial building. The property was developed in 1953 by Motorola as a television assembly plant and soon its administrative office headquarters employing over a thousand professional and technical workers. Motorola moved to Schaumburg in 1976 and the property become home to many different commercial users including Matsushita Industrial, Telecom Central and Houston Foods.
Digital Realty Trust acquired the property to expand on its adjacent 22 acre data center campus, Digital Chicago. Digital also owns the 1.1 million sqft Lakeside Technology Center at 350 East Cermak in Chicago, which is the largest data center in the city. Wes Olker with Imperial brokered the buyer and the seller in the transaction.